Sec. 1 Parliamentary procedures for all meetings of the Club and Executive Board shall be governed by the
current edition of ROBERT’S RULES OF ORDER NEWLY REVISED except when they are in conflict
with the Constitution, Bylaws, or Policy of this Club.
Sec. 2 The order of business may be: (01/20)
A. Opening Ceremonies
Pledge of Allegiance
B. Roll Call
C. Approval of Minutes
D. Reports of Officers and Committees
E. Special Orders
F. Unfinished Business
G. New Business
Sec. 1 Standing Committees shall be:
C. Constitution and Bylaws
D. Ethics and Grievance
K. Public Relations
The President shall appoint and be an ex-officio member of all committees except the Nominating
Sec. 2 All Standing Committees shall consist of a Chairman and as many members as deemed necessary by
the President. Chairmen of Standing Committees shall report at each meeting of the Executive Board.
1. Budget: In cooperation with the incoming and outgoing Treasurer of the Club, prepare for the
Executive Board a budget projecting the Club’s income and expenditures for the next year.
2. Caravan: To plan, organize, and obtain leaders for Club caravans that are operated or conducted for the
Club within the scope of the WBCCI Caravan Handbook. To develop an aggressive Club Caravan
program and to coordinate Club caravan matters with appropriate Region and International Caravan
3. Constitution and Bylaws: To conduct a continuing review and study of the Club and the International
Constitution and Bylaws and to make recommendations for any amendments or additions deemed desirable
and in the best interest of the Club.
4. Ethics and Grievance: To investigate and assess all grievances or complaints made by members and
others and to make recommendations thereon to the Club Executive Board.
5. Family/Youth: Plan programs to encourage participation of family/youth at Club functions and to be the
liaison person between the Club and International Family/Youth Standing Committee.
6. Historical: To record events including written and pictorial material associated with Club activities and to
maintain an historical record of such.
7. Hospitality: To receive and make welcome guests and new members at club functions. Recommend ways
to meet and greet all club members and guests at rallies and/or seasonal functions.
8. Legislative: To study, advise, and recommend legislation in the interest of the Club and its members. to
recommend opposition to all legislation which is discriminatory and injurious to the interest of the Club and
9. Membership: Be the Club’s contact for prospective new members and explain the purpose and
objectives of the Wally Byam Caravan Club International. Extend invitations to prospective
members to attend a rally or meeting when making application for membership. Coordinate with the
Treasurer to ensure having an accurate list of paid-up members, and to assist the Treasurer, as needed, in
following up on all members who have not paid dues by October 15th.
10 Publicity: To collect newsworthy items of interest to club members and to publish monthly a
Newsletter containing past and future events of the Club, Region, and International. To publish yearly
a roster in the form and content as directed by the Executive Board. Forward material to
Headquarters for publishing in the Blue Beret and Directory with respect to the Club’s activities
11 Public Relations: To maintain communications with the International and Region Public Relations
Committees for maintaining a continuing program of public relations between WBCCI and communities being
exposed to rallies and caravans.
Sec. 3 Special Committees may be appointed by the President as required.
Sec. 1 A guest (or guests) sponsored and invited by a member in good standing, and using the member’s
trailer or motorhome or staying in a non-RV facility such as a cabin, motel room, etc., may attend activities
of the Club. Members sponsoring such a guest shall pay one extra rally fee exclusive of the parking fee.
Sec. 2 A member in good standing in this Club may sponsor and invite a non-member Airstream recreational
vehicle owner, as a prospective member, to attend rallies and other activities of the Club.
Sec. 3 Members in good standing in the International Club may attend activities of the Club provided that
such members, and where required, shall have made prior reservation for each attendance.
Sec. 4 A club, once each calendar year, may host a rally or caravan or combination thereof with a recreation
vehicle club not chartered by the Wally Byam Caravan Club International, Inc., and it may conduct, twice
each calendar year, (but not more than 50% of the rallies and caravans conducted by that club in any
calendar year) a buddy rally or a buddy caravan or combination thereof to which each member of the club
may invite not more than one non-member recreation vehicle family. The non-member RV family to be
invited is intended to be one which is a prospective member and one which does not own an Airstream. The
family is invited to the buddy rally or caravan to introduce them to the WBCCI “Way of Life” and the club
members in the hope they might decide to purchase an Airstream
and join the club. A buddy rally is not intended to be used by current or past WBCCI members to attend a
WBCCI rally in their non-Airstream vehicles.
Sec. 1 The Executive Board shall, not less than ninety (90) days prior to the unit’s annual business meeting,
appoint a three member Nominating Committee who shall, after having obtained the prior acceptance for
office of each nominee if elected, place in nomination one candidate for each office to be filled by election,
and submit a written report to the Executive Board which shall include the names of all candidates
considered, and the President shall distribute the report to the membership not less than fifteen (15) days
prior to said business meeting. Additional candidates who have previously consented to accept the office if
elected, may be placed in nomination from the floor of said meeting. No seconds are required for any
DUTIES OF OFFICERS
Section 1 The President shall:
• Preside at all meetings of the Club and Executive Board.
• Enforce the Constitution and Bylaws.
• Appoint all standing committees and the Parliamentarian. (1/19/07)
• Have such powers and duties as normally pertain to the principal executive officer.
Section 2 The 1st Vice President shall:
• Attend all business meetings of the Club and the Executive Board.
• Shall assist the President.
• Assume the duties of the President in the President’s absence.
Section 3 The 2nd Vice President shall:
• Attend all business meetings of the Club and the Executive Board.
• Assist the President and the First Vice President.
• Assume the duties of the First Vice President in the absence of said officer.
• Assume the duties of the President in the case of the absence of the President and the First Vice President.
• Perform the duties as assigned by the Executive Board.
Section 4 The Corresponding Secretary shall:
• Issue notices of all meetings of the Club and the Executive Board as prescribed in Article VI, Sections 1
and 2 and Article VIII, Section 2 of the Constitution and ARTICLE XI, Sec.1 of the Bylaws.
• Prepare an agenda of pending business for use by the presiding officer at each meeting.
• Coordinate with the Treasurer to maintain an accurate roster of paid-up members of the Club.
Section 5 The Recording Secretary shall:
• Record and preserve the minutes of all official meetings of the Club and the Executive Board, and mail
copies to the members of the Executive Board not more than fifteen days following each meeting.
• Record the attendance of the officers at each meeting and advise the presiding officer if a quorum is
Section 6 The Treasurer shall:
• Maintain the financial records of the Club and receive all monies, as prescribed in International
Bylaws, Article XVI Financial Management Sec.12-13 and Policy, Financial Data Guidelines, and promptly
deposit them in the bank previously chosen by the Executive Board. (01/2020)
• Notify members of expiration of dues, issue receipts for dues paid, and maintain an up-to-date roster of
paid-up members. Changes to this roster shall be shared with the Corresponding Secretary, the Newsletter
Editor, and the Membership Chairman. In addition, the Membership Chairman shall be notified of all
members who have not paid their dues by October 15th in order that the membership
chairman might assist the Treasurer in contacting those members to collect their dues prior to November
• Submit a full written report of finances to the Executive Board at each meeting. Each year the books and
accounts will be audited by a committee selected by the incoming President. Before retirement, all books,
monies, and property of the Club shall be delivered promptly to the incoming Treasurer.
Section 7 The duties of the Trustees (or Directors) shall be:
• To attend all meetings of the club and the Executive Board.
• To accept special assignments as directed by the President. Additional duties may be to chair or be
members of committees.
Sec. 1 The Executive Board shall appoint one delegate and one alternate from among the Regular Members
who will attend the annual Delegates meeting of the parent organization, the Wally Byam Caravan Club
International, Inc. Any vacancy occurring following such selection shall be filled by appointment by the
President. If a regular member is not available, the President can appoint an affiliate member as a delegate.
The delegate should be instructed with respect to the wishes of the Unit on matters to come before the
meeting. The President and Secretary shall certify to these appointments. (01/2020)
Section 2: A delegate to the annual meeting shall cast the total entitled votes of the constituent Club as
determined by a vote of the regular members present and voting at a regular or special meeting called for
that purpose, with such vote expressed a percentage of the votes for or against and the results applied to
the total entitled regular member vote count of the Club. Except that a delegate may cast the total entitled
vote of the constituent Club in whatever manner he determines proper on any matter, which has not been
previously determined by a vote of the constituent Club. (1/19/08)
Sec. 1 The annual Club dues of Regular and Affiliate members shall be set by the Executive Board.
Sec. 2 A member who fails to pay properly assessed International and Club dues before November 15 may
not be listed in the Annual Membership Directory of the International Club for the following year. If the dues
are not paid and receipted by the Treasurer on or before December 31, the membership will be terminated.
CODE OF ETHICS
Sec. 1 All members shall abide by the following Code of Ethics:
A. To be ever mindful of our responsibility to Wally Byam Caravan Club International, Inc., and
through conduct, indicate to the public that membership in this organization is an assurance of our
courtesy on the road and good will to all peoples and countries.
B. To be ever mindful of what we say or print with respect to the effect on others of our diverse membership
so as to avoid disharmony and ill feelings among club members of diverse ethnicities, religious beliefs or
orientation and to dedicate ourselves to the work of cementing together the members of WBCCI in bonds of
good fellowship and mutual understanding. (01/2020)
C. To conduct ourselves in a manner to inspire others engaged in recreational vehicle travel to a full
appreciation of the intent and meaning of this code.
D. To maintain our camps in an orderly manner and leave them the same way.
Sec. 1 Neither the Club nor its officers are responsible for the loss of or damage to property or for injury to
or death of a person on the premises of any club function. This freedom from responsibility for loss or
damage to property applies regardless of whether that property has been received by any member or officer
or left upon the premises.
Sec. 1 Policy consistent with the Constitution and Bylaws of the Club and with the Constitution, Bylaws and
Policy of the Wally Byam Caravan Club International, Inc., embodying additional provisions for the
government of the Club may be adopted by the Executive Board or the Club members.
Sec. 1 These Bylaws may be amended at any business meeting of the Executive Board by a two-thirds vote,
provided the proposed amendment has been submitted to all members of the Executive Board in writing ten
(10) days prior to such meeting.
Sec. 2 Such amendments shall become effective upon adoption.
MERGER, CONSOLIDATION OR DISSOLUTION OF THIS CLUB
Sec. 1 In the event the members of this Club deem it desirable for this Unit to merge with another
Club/unit, or for the Club to consolidate with one or more Clubs/Units, or for the Club to dissolve, the
members shall, through the President of this Club, follow the appropriate procedures as prescribed in
ARTICLE VII, Section 1 through6 of the Bylaws of the International Club. These procedures are in
accordance with Section 501 (c) 7 of the Internal Revenue Service Code. (01/2020)
These Bylaws, as last amended, were adopted on January 3, 2020 at Topsail Preserve state Park, Santa
Rosa Beach, Florida